Thursday 3 July 2014

A Female Perspective On Political Correctness Wussification And Their Destructive Impact On Relationships And Marriage

A female reader speaks out on behalf of many others against "political correctness and the castration of the American Male" (according to other readers this is going on EVERYWHERE!). There is a solution, and it's a great idea, no matter where you live.

I got an e-mail from a reader who sounds like she's about as fed up and downright pissed off as a woman can get. She's got a beef with the world's over-reaction to feminism and political correctness in general, and is issuing a wake-up call. Meet Gail:

Hi David,

I'm angry right now, very angry, and it might have been better if I had waited to share this until I was a little more composed, but I've been angry for months, and I've shared this repeatedly with my girlfriends and realize that doing so is not accomplishing anything because I'm SO "preaching to the choir" that it's ridiculous. I've got to share it with someone who can help me do something about it, and I'm starting with you.

My husband of 28 years is a wuss. He wasn't a wuss when I married him, or for years after I married him. He's a production manager at a large manufacturing company, and got to that position because he was an excellent leader, strong and decisive, but always fair, and tried to be a good motivator. If he doesn't straighten up soon, he's going to lose his job, and he may even end up losing me, if I don't kill him first!

You see, he went to this seminar that was supposed to help him be a better manager, and from what he told me, it amounted to a pep rally for touchy-feely people and about the only thing he came away from the seminar with was the idea that he needed to pay his employees personal compliments to make them feel like he was interested in them as people, not just employees. I think this is ridiculous, because you show people you are interested in them by asking them questions, not saying flattering things, but that's beside the point.

There was a woman who worked under him - I call her a woman, but she was a gold-digging hussy just watching for a chance to sue somebody - and when my husband complimented her on a nice hairstyle one day, she went to the HR department and filed a sexual harassment complaint! He spent the next six months being raked over the coals by corporate attorneys, HR consultants, attending "sensitivity training seminars," etc., to finally get the little bitch satisfied and still be able to keep his job. He's now been so mentally and emotionally battered that he's afraid to talk to women, including me!

He used to be so very strong and confident. He walked into a room like he owned it because he did. Now he walks into a room looking as if he expects to be attacked if there's a woman there. We've talked about it, and he says the problem is that the legal threats and the threat of losing his job after 31 years with the same company made him realize what would happen if he were to suddenly lose his job this late in life, and how little it might take, and it "spooked him" as he says.

I've just bought your book for him, and if it has everything in it you say it does, I'm pretty sure he'll be okay. He or I may have questions; will it be okay if we contact you? If so, how?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Gail F.

My reply:


Well, Gail, to say I'm feeling your pain would be an understatement. What you describe was one of my main motivations for writing "THE Man's Guide to Great Relationships and Marriage." I'm not an antagonist or provocateur, but I am as disgusted with all this politically correct nonsense and the wussification of both men specifically and people everywhere in general that I could about puke. There was a time when I would have offered an apology if the word "puke" offended anybody's fragile sensibilities, but today, I just really don't care. I say it to get the message across, not to try to offend people.

Getting back to the subject at hand, congratulations! I see all kinds of corrective action being taken here. Discussion with your husband and nailing down the problem is a huge and wonderful step in the right direction, one that, unfortunately, many couples couldn't pull off. Identifying a path back to your husband's old alpha male (and therefore highly desirable and effective leader) self and taking the first steps down that path are also commendable.

To answer your questions, I read all e-mail, answer as much of it as I can and still remain productive, and any questions and answers that can benefit all readers, as you know, appear here in this newsletter with the senders' consent. If your husband needs a session with a personal coach to speed up the process he can e-mail me at support@makingherhappy.com, but it shouldn't be necessary. You've made an excellent start with my book, and I'm going to suggest to you that in your case, you skip the beginning material on evaluating your relationship for now and have him start with the communication section. He is one of the few whom I would say should complete the evaluation after he has cured this crisis of confidence; your relationship is obviously on a solid foundation if you are taking this route to try to help him.

In your case, the communication section will help him regain his confidence in speaking to women because he will be better prepared to pick up hints and signals, which will in turn help remove that "vulnerable and lost" feeling, one of the main reasons I put it before the attraction section. Then have him continue through the attraction section, and work with him as he goes through it. If you want to be really supportive, read a bit ahead of him and try to round up copies of books, movies, etc., that are mentioned as good examples so they will be convenient for him. It will speed his progress, which you'll both appreciate, and the two of you will thoroughly enjoy watching movies like "The Fountainhead" and "Don Juan DeMarco" together.

Speaking of examples, there is one that is not yet in my book that I need to add, and while it is about U.S. Americans (I personally hold all people in this hemisphere as Americans, since we live in "North, Central," and "South America"), it is an interesting read and full of good examples for all men to follow, regardless of where you live. The book is called "The Greatest Generation," by Tom Brokaw. I never cared for Brokaw's politics or the political slant in a lot of his reporting because there's a big difference in reporting the news and trying to influence the public's perception of it, but the details in this book about the men very often describe heroic alpha males, and regardless of your feelings for Brokaw or U.S. heroes of World War II, the role models found there are effective, and it makes for interesting and productive supplementary reading.

One other thing that I need to bring out and that you need to point out to your husband is that "sexual harassment" is only a workplace issue as far as legalities go. It is a workplace issue because you are compelled to co-exist there for the sake of your employment. That doesn't give one license to be chauvinistic, rude and obnoxious everywhere else, but that does mean it is the only place where a man may have to actively avoid any kind of sexuality, so if he is concerned, he should contain his concern to the workplace and be himself - his respectful but assertive and naughty, and therefore FUN self - everywhere else. He just needs to see examples of it being okay to be the way he used to be so he can get back in touch with it, just like most men.

Take care, and keep in touch,

David


There you have it, folks. And it doesn't have to this way. It's not difficult to talk to women, nor is it difficult to learn how to read them. In fact, it's so easy that there are some women on our forum, http://forum.makingherhappy.com, teaching men how to do it - on the Internet, using only written text!

If you (Gentlemen) or the man in your life (Ladies - it's just wrong that I even have to say that, but I know I'll get a ton of smart-ass comments from you jokers if I don't! LOL!) are feeling castrated, there is a fix, guaranteed effective, in "THE Man's Guide to Great Relationships and Marriage." Download your copy today at http://www.makingherhappy.com and get back to being the man you were born to be.

In the meantime, live well, be well, and have a wonderful day!

David Cunningham


"Being a man is something to which one should aspire, not something for which he should apologize." --David Cunningham

0 comments:

Post a Comment