Wednesday 21 August 2013

Why John Is So Hot On Practice

Why John Is So Hot On Practice
It was during my recent experience of the NLP master practitioner course that I began to understand why John is so hot on practice. Attending a practice group really did make an enormous difference to my learning and subsequently my confidence in using NLP.

It's interesting noticing the impact this experience is having on other areas of my life.

For instance, I love music and making music. I already enjoy singing and would really like to play a musical instrument. In fact I have started learning guitar, keyboard and tin whistle so many times and talked about it for so long that my family don't believe me anymore!

So why the disparity?

Well, I love singing and have sung for my own entertainment for years. It comes easily and singing in our community choir is a real joy. It takes very little effort to make a nice sound.

On the other hand, the instruments I have tried to play, and ultimately abandoned, require a fair amount of practice to get past the clunky stage. It has not come as easily as singing, and I have lacked the tenacity and patience to achieve an even passable sound. So they lie dusty and silent.

Now, with my new found understanding of the power of practice I have decided to break through the 'pain' barrier, real in the case of the guitar, and master the art! I am setting myself two tasks; firstly to find a teacher who can show me the necessary skills and secondly to practice, practice, practice! Through the NLP training I have realised that it really is the only way to mastery, or even passable novice.

"The image used was found on Flickr using a creative commons search, the artist is thart2009"



Reference: datingforaverageguys.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment